Who’s Better with Your Money, You or Washington?

Presidential candidate for the Democrat Party Bernie Sanders said that a tax code of 90 percent is not too high. Now, Sanders is an admitted socialist, so it’s no wonder he thinks the Government should take the vast majority of your paycheck from you and dole it out as it sees fit. Just for clarity, that’s leaving you a meager 10 percent of the money you worked for. At the risk of belaboring the point, let’s put that into perspective.

You’re told you’ve gotten the job. Yay! And your wage they’re going to pay you is $20 an hour. Not bad. However, under socialist Sanders’ America, that means your pay is $2 an hour.

Okay Bernie, if I get two bucks in my pocket for every hour I work, in an eight hour day, I’ve made $16. Times that by five for the week’s work, that’s $80. Times that by four and we get a whopping $320 . . . PER MONTH!

Ever found a house for $320 a month? An apartment? A one room flat? A cardboard water heater shipping box?

Ahhh, says comrade Sanders, fear not! We, the Federal Government will give you a place to live . . . for free!

Hey, I got an idea. How about if you just give me my whole $20 per hour and I’ll rent my own damned place to live!

You see, here’s my problem. It would seem that there are two ways to skin the cat. One, the Government takes my money from me, then when I don’t have enough of my own hard-earned pay to afford a place to live, and a car, gas, a home, food, the government will give my pay back to me in the form of a place to live, a car, gas, a home, food.

Okay okay, fair enough. Well, fair enough for a perverted and contorted mind, but be that as it may, let us now look at the other cat skinning technique, which is, I get to keep the hard-earned wages that I’ve worked for and I’ll pay for my own place to live, car, gas, home, and food.

Now, as is always the case with any economy involving a societal interactive product/services exchange system, there is a statement being made. With the first one, the Bernie Sander’s socialist feline subcutaneous hide removal, the statement is that you, the citizen, or in our Founders’ parlance, The People, are not as competent in handling your money as we, the kind and capable Federal Government. And I must say, if the Government leaves you only two dollars out of your twenty dollar an hour wage, you might be a bit challenged in taking care of yourself.

The alternative way to divest that cat of its furry coat – letting you keep for yourself the money you make – makes the statement that you are the more capable one in the care and feeding of your own finances than are the seat-warmers in D.C.

Funny thing is, there’s a certain cognitive dissonance going on with about half the country. There are people in this very United States of America that run businesses, have good paying jobs, even do their best to make as much money as they can, that somehow believe the Bernie Sanders socialist system is the way to go. Oh sure, those same people will fight tooth and nail to keep as much of their pay as they can, hiring accountants and tax specialists to find any and every little dodge and evasion to stop the grubby government fingers from dipping into their pockets.

You think Bernie refuses to take 90 percent of his pay? I mean, did Mr. Sanders tell the Capitol Hill clerk who writes his check, “Hey, wait a minute, just make my check out for ten percent of what I got coming.”

Hmmmmmmm . . .?

So I leave it to you. If you think you are too stupid to handle your own finances and would rather Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell be the executer of the fruits of your labor, then vote for Bernie Sanders, Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and all the other Washington wolves wielding wage-weary weapons.

And make no mistake, all of the above are – to varying degrees – just as power-hungry and Federally-minded as Sanders, they just hide it from you.

As for me? Yes, I did build that and I’m the one to best run it.

About the Author

Joe Keck is a writer of horror, thriller, suspense, and other fiction, some poetry and music, with the occasional op-ed piece on current events, politics, and theology. Although born in Oklahoma, he was taken to Los Angeles when he was an infant, or as his mother described, "the ugliest little thing I've ever seen", and raised there on the West Coast. He considers himself to be far superior to most on the artistic merits of film and literature, seeing the vast majority of such to be well below adequate. He has four novels and many short stories to his credit, and hopes to one day have them published, promising to hold critics like himself in harsh derision. He's currently restoring a Jason 35 sailboat and plans to sail the world, writing horror stories, and marveling at the illustrative works of the Creator and His Divine story-telling imagery. You may Find Joe's Website at http://www.joekeck.com/

Author Archive Page

Post a Comment