Joe DiGenova, a former U.S. attorney who now represents Mark Thompson, one of the so-called “Benghazi whistleblowers” who testified before Congress last spring, says he’s been told that some “very ugly people” had stolen the missiles, and that the Benghazi annex played a key role in the theft.
“I do not know whether [the missiles] were at the annex, but it is clear the annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles,” said DiGenova in an interview Monday with WMAL’s Mornings On The Mall.
- Al-Qaeda stole Surface to Air Missiles from Libya
- 20,000 Surface-to-Air Missiles Missing from Libya
- Attorney for U.S. whistleblower: 400 surface-to-air missiles were stolen from Benghazi
- Intelligence official says 400 missiles stolen in Benghazi causing fear
- Flashback: Pentagon knew Libyan weapons fell into hands of al Qaeda