Watch the State of the Union Address Here
If you don’t own a television, or you’re stuck working late tonight in the office, here are a few online options for watching President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address tonight:
White House Stream: www.whitehouse.gov/live or stream it from the White House’s free iPhone or iPad application.
- Starting at 5 p.m. elements promised on the White House page dedicated to the State of the Union will include graphics, data and statistics that build on topics in President Obama’s speech.
- While you are watching, you can join a live discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #SOTU.
- After the State of the Union, a panel of senior advisors will answer your questions on Twitter. Use the Twitter hash tag #WHChat.
- You can join in the discussion on the White House Facebook page as well.
- Next week, Obama will be featured in a Google+ Hangout.
YouTube: The speech will be accessible via youtube.com/whitehouse. Questions can be submitted and President Obama will select some to answer during a Jan. 30 event live from the White House.
UStream: The speech will be available on several channels, including CBS News and the PBS NewsHour. Also, the League of Young Voters is hosting a “#BarackTalk” viewing party and panel discussion.The Republican address to the nation will also air on Speaker Boehner’s UStream channel.
CNN: Tune in to CNN.com/live, and the CNN mobile apps. Prime-time coverage will be anchored by Anderson Cooper with a full wrap-up, reaction and analysis.
Read the rest at Where to Watch the State of the Union Address Locally and Online
Politisite delivers the latest Breaking Political News, Debate Coverage, Election Results, Commentary and Analysis. We provide in-depth news with special reports and interactive political coverage.
Politisite was a pioneer in internet political news gathering and dissemination. Politisite came live in early 1998 and become the first internet only news source to cover local, state, and national political campaigns, debates and elections. Before there were the terms Blog, Blogger, New Media, or Crowd-sourcing, Politisite was developing what has become the standard in political news coverage long before most political sites were even conceived. The Name ‘Politisite” simply means Political Website.