A list of the 25 wealthiest members in Congress has been compiled. The list has been
compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, a non profit organization that tracks political spending and the effect of money and lobbying on elections. An interesting aspect of this list is that seven of the top ten richest members in Congress are Democrats, including Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry and Jay Rockefeller. So much for the 99%. Is it any wonder that members of Congress are out of touch with middle America. While they maintain to stand up for the middle class they keep filling their bank accounts.
WASHINGTON, May 16 (UPI) — President Barack Obama’s wealth reaches upward of $3.8 million and possibly much higher, financial disclosure reports issued by the White House Monday show.
The forms, which only provide wide ranges for each category, show most of his assets are tied up in treasury notes and bills — $1 million to $5 million each, with another $1 million to $5 million in book royalties. Obama and his wife, Michelle, also have at least hundreds of thousands of dollars more tucked away in retirement funds and education funds for their two daughters.
At the lower level, Obama probably is worth $3.8 million and at the upper end would have as much as $16.8 million, the reports indicate. UPI
The Richest Top 10 in Congress:
1. Darryl Issa (R-CA) $448, 000, 000
2. Michael McCaul (R-TX) $380, 000, 000
3. Jane Harman (D-CA) $326, 000, 000
4. John Kerry (D-MA) $236, 000, 000
5. Mark Warner (D-VA) $192, 000, 000
6. Herb Kohl (D-WI) $173, 000, 000
7. Jared Polis (D-CO) $143, 000, 000
8. Vernon Buchanan (R-FL) $136, 000, 000
9. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) $101, 000, 000
10. Jay Rockefeller (D-W VA) $99, 000, 000
Makes one wonder what Congress will do with their Payroll Tax Reduction.