Seems that PPP and Marist are all smoking their favorite drug of choice. The Democrats win South Carolina? File this under ROTFL
A new Marist poll indicates that one of the wingnuttiest states in the nation could be won by President Obama.At this moment, according to this poll, President Obama is beating both Gingrich and Romney … in South Carolina. Right, that’s well-known bellwether South Carolina, home of John C. Calhoun, Strom Thurmond and a lot of other worthies but not many statewide Democrats in recent years.
Who won President in SC
South Carolina primary
- 1980: Ronald Reagan won with 55%, defeating runner-up John Connally.
- 1984: Uncontested (Reagan was the incumbent president and was re-nominated).
- 1988: George H. W. Bush won with 49%, defeating runner-up Bob Dole.
- 1992: George H. W. Bush won with 67%, defeating runner-up Pat Buchanan.
- 1996: Bob Dole won with 45%, defeating runner-up Pat Buchanan.
- 2000: George W. Bush won with 53%, defeating runner-up John McCain.
- 2004: Uncontested (Bush was the incumbent president and was re-nominated).
- 2008: John McCain won with 33%, defeating runner-up Mike Huckabee.
 Democratic results
- 1988: In 1988, South Carolina Democrats held a caucus rather than a primary. Jesse Jackson won with approximately 55% of the vote, defeating Al Gore.
- 1992: Bill Clinton won with approximately 69% of the vote, defeating Paul Tsongas. 
- 1996: Uncontested (Clinton was the incumbent president and was renominated).
- 2000: Al Gore won with 92% of the vote, defeating Bill Bradley. 
- 2004: John Edwards won with 45% of the vote, defeating John Kerry.
- 2008: Barack Obama won with approximately 55% of the vote, defeating Hillary Rodham Clinton and John Edwards.