Legendary Journalist Andy Rooney passed away this morning at Age 92. Andy Rooney, who made his last broadcast on 60 minutes on Oct 2nd, 2011, made his first appearance on 60 minutes in 1978, became a permanent fixture on the broadcast the following year.
Andy Rooney started his career at CBS in 1949 and wrote his first essay in 1964. After working on several programs on CBS he started his end show comments on 60 minutes in 1970. It can be said that Andy Rooney did it his way. He appeared on 60 minutes almost to the end, with the final broadcast just over a month ago.
Andy was predeceased by his wife Marguerite (Maggie) who passed away in 2004 of heart failure. He has four children, three daughters and one son. His daughter Emily and son Brian have careers in broadcasting, his daughter Ellen is a photographer in London, while Martha is Chief of the Public Service Division at the National Library of Medicine.
Andy Rooney will be truly missed. He was a fixture in many homes each Sunday night. Politisite sends its condolences and prayers to Andy’s family.
Recent stories by this author:
- Anomymous Allegations Against Cain Do not Make a Scandal
- Occupy Wall Street Movement, the Media – What has been achieved?
- Americans Like Obama Better This Week – Quinnipiac University Poll
- London High Court Rules Assange Can be Extradited to Sweden
- Obama: Decision on XL Keystone Pipeline will Involve Health and Economic Factors
- The Herman Cain “Bad Lip Reading Video
- Cain Accuser wants to Speak – Blocked By Confidentiality Agreement – Lawyer
- Canadian Teenage Terrorist Omar Khadr Asks to Return to Canada
- Mother of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Dies at 92