Tonight, Glenn addressed the news that he would be transitioning off of his daily TV program on FOX News later this year.
“This is something I have been thinking about for a very long time,” Glenn said to start.
Glenn had originally considered getting out of TV when he first was offered the job with FOX News, but after a lot of though he knew he needed to stand and he needed to make that stand on FOX.
He knew that if he made his case that something in America was wrong, America would listen. “And they have,” he said. “I’m surprised at the number that have and haven’t even with all of the facts.”
Glenn said that if you have watched this program you know what he thinks is coming, and he said that he is making this transition in the middle of major global events. While you, the audience, may not want him to leave yet, he promised that he was not going away.
“We will find each other. I am developing other content for Fox,” he said. “I will continue to tell the story, and I will be showing you other ways for us to connect.”
“Our only business is the business of freedom and our country at this time,” Glenn said.
He returned to the E4 program to end the show, and said viewers must be the ones to now be the ones to help spread the message. “Now today you have to carry more weight. You must know what you believe. You must be prepared to be the one who explains it to others. FOX is one of the only places you will find truth. Spread the word. Stick together, and together we will do the right thing for our country, and our world.”
via Glenn Beck.
- Glenn Beck Opens Show Confirming That He Will Be Leaving His Fox News Program (mediaite.com)
- Chris Matthews Congratulates Media Matters On A ‘Successful Campaign’ To Remove Glenn Beck From Fox (mediaite.com)
- Drudge: Beck Out at FOX (gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com)
- Glenn Beck Makes It Official: Not Leaving Fox News, But… (rightpundits.com)
- Who should replace Glenn Beck at Fox News? (washingtonexaminer.com)